The following rules are now in effect regarding uniforms of club members:
1) All uniforms must be completely white with no black stripes or bars unless specifically allowed by Master Sokol.
2) All uniforms must have the Kim's School logo sewn to a spot located roughly above your heart.
3) All uniforms must have an American flag logo on the right shoulder.
4) All uniforms must have a Korean flag logo on the left shoulder.
5) You must keep your uniform clean and presentable.
The martial arts is the cultivation of mental discipline and physical practice through the development of a healthy mind and body. Without this discipline, learning in the martial art has no value. Your basic mental attitude is of the utmost importance.
The following rules of conduct are required to maintain a proper atmosphere for studying the martial arts:
1. Students must show respect for each other and the instructor(s) at all times.
2. A serious demeanor in class is necessary to pervent injury to other students. Concentration and personal control is of the utmost importance.
3. When entering and leaving the training area at any time, a salute to the flags (right hand to your heart) is made.
4. When entering and leaving the training area, a respectful bow to the instructor and black belts should be made. Do not do this from the door--acknowledge the black belt by coming to the black belts and then bowing. If the black belt is occupied a return bow may not be made.
5. Acknowledgement must be obtained from the instructor before joining class or before leaving early. If you must use the restroom during class, simply bow to the instructor and leave. Simply leaving the class is done in the event of an emergency. Someone will be sent to check on you if you simply leave the room.
6. Uniforms are to be clean and orderly at all times.
7. Students must maintain proper personal cleanliness at all times. This includes keeping toe and fingernails neat and trimmed and eliminating/preventing bodily odors.
8. Wearing shoes or socks in the classroom is prohibited.
9. When addressing an instructor or a black belt, always address the person respectfully. If a student is addressed by the instructor or a black belt, the student will respond: yes/no sir! Or yes/no ma'am.
10. Alcoholic beverages, soft drinks, food and chewing gum are not allowed in the school without permission.
11. Students must help keep the training area clean.